I don’t know if it’s just me or you all have been buying, buying, buying lately! I have found so many cute pieces for my closet that have all been on sale! A girl couldn’t possibly pass on some new staples for my sophomore year of college. Even on a budget, everyone can find clothes they love! Continue reading “My Recent Purchases.. Lilly Pulitzer, Nordstrom Sale, J. Crew, Gap, LOFT, and Aerie”
I have a confession. It’s a food related one. I love D O N U T S. I’m talking a donut a day makes the doctor go away, craving. I always loved going to grab donuts on a Saturday morning for the whole family with my dad. Continue reading “Duck Donuts: An Experience You Need! (And Will Love)”
I want to start off this post by saying I am not a cook. I’m a sophomore business major, who has spent almost no time in the kitchen. This summer while I live on campus for work, the townhouse I’m living in has a full size kitchen. I quickly figured out, that I had to learn to cook and had to learn fast. Today I’m going to tell you all about the recipe I made for dinner, and my tips for making a chicken stir fry! I wanted something generally healthy, quick, and no-fuss. This meal hit all my check marks!
- First I heat up Olive Oil in a pan, and ¼ of a package of ground chicken. I cooked this until it was brown which was pretty quick, I’d say about 4 minutes.
- Next I poured in ¼ of a bag of frozen broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower. I let this cook until they were soft. Pro tip: Next time I will definitely be cooking the vegetables before putting them in the pan.
- After mixing everything together, it was time to add in the peppers! I chopped up two bell peppers, one red and one green. I used half of each better in this batch and added those to the mix! I let those soften along with everything else, being careful to keep mixing!
Now for the best part, the rice! I’m a girl who absolutely loves rice! I have not cooked rice yet in my new living space, so I opted for rice that was pre-cooked so I could just throw it in the pot. I used approximately one half of a bag of UNCLE Ben’s Rice! I tossed this in, threw some soy sauce in there and was done!
This meal is totally filling and made enough for two servings! It’s a pretty healthy meal but still tastes awesome! Let me know if you’d like to see more posts from my kitchen! Have a great weekend everyone..
It’s been a few hectic weeks around here (I’m sure you can relate) but I can’t wait to head up to Cape Cod on Monday for the Fourth of July! I’ve never been and a three day getaway is exactly what I need. If you have any recommendations leave them down below!
Here’s what I’ve been loving this week.
- I started listening to a new postcast, called Modern Love by a recommendation from Caroline of Citrus + Style. Her post suggested the podcast, and I found one episode I’m o b s e s s e d with. It’s titled, “To Fall in Love, Do This | Modern Love 30.” It’s sweet, it’s funny, and it makes you think about how you can meet/ have met your future/ current love. There’s a big emphasis on questions to ask on falling in love, which you can learn more about when you listen to the podcast! I want to use a few of these soon! Strangely enough, I’ve been loving listening to this podcast while I’m at the gym. My music lately has not been giving me enough motivation, and the podcast tricks my brain into thinking I’m doing something else.
- I’ve been totally loving the Stairmaster. I know this one is a little unconventional, but I really have been enjoying getting my sweat on, by running stairs. I love the intensity and I know I sweat a lot more on the Stairmaster than I do by biking (doing stairs is a close second to running.) I did it three times in the last three days, so it will definitely be on my radar for the summer and as I continue to prepare for rowing in the fall.
- The song: Sunday Morning by Parmalee. I don’t really know why, but this song has my heart. I heard it on Spotify one day, and my oh my, I find myself humming it in the car, singing it on the way to work, and just wanting to listen to it all the time. Seriously, go check it out! I swear you’ll fall in love with it, just as much as I have.
I’m writing this post in bed still full from my tacos and guacamole. All jokes aside, bartaco is my new favorite Mexican food place. Some of my girlfriends and I were looking to hit the West Hartford branch of the chain and go somewhere a bit different than our usual girls night locations. Bartaco fit the bill!
The restaurant was buzzing with loud music and smelled like taco seasoning. I grabbed three tacos, an Orange fanta soda in a glass bottle (how cute!) and our table shared guacamole and large pita chips!
After dinner my friends and I decided to take some pictures around West Hartford Center! Continue reading “Bartaco with the Girls”
This week has been awesome. If you’ve been keeping up with my posts you can see I’ve been spending my time as an Orientation Leader at my college for First Year Students and their families. It’s been so great getting to see student relationships form, their parents and families worries melt away, and for them to love the school just as much as the students do. Here’s some quick lessons that I’ve been learning and needed a reminder of during this month!