Heading into Boston for a Red Sox game next season? Look no further, I have all the details to have a fun night right here in this post!
Although I’m from Connecticut and go to school in Rhode Island, which are both pretty close to Boston, I’ve actually never attended a Red Sox game! Having the chance to right before the end of their season was the perfect opportunity to have a fun date night! Here’s a few pieces of advice that I would consider when attending a Red Sox game.
- Parking- There’s a variety of places to park when attending a baseball game in Boston, many of which are expensive and located near the field. I did a lot of research online before we left and found that there was a $10 located 1.5 miles away from the field. At first I thought this was kinda far because it was located in the Financial District, but we ended up parking here and it was perfect! We took Boylston Street almost the whole way to there and ended up walking on the Berklee campus for a bit. It took us half an hour, but it was a beautiful day to take in the city!
- Leave early! We were coming from the Providence area, and I may have taken a wrong term (FYI always listen to your copilot, even if you think you know where you’re going!) We had plenty of time, but it would have been great to explore the city a bit more!
- Plan ahead! I was not planning on buying a Red Sox cap once I got there, but they were so cute I couldn’t resist. If I did this again, I would probably buy my hat ahead of time and spent a bit less money on it!
- Eat all the food! Alright so this is kind of a joke, but seriously everything I ate at the game was SO GOOD! I had fried mac and cheese and fries! I really wanted to get the fried dough and ice cream, but it was getting a bit chilly for ice cream!
- Know where your seats are before you get there! It’s so much easier to navigate the craziness of Boston if you have an idea of where your seats are before you get there! Plus, you’ll know if you need to add an additional layer like I did because we were a bit higher up! We had a perfect view of the whole stadium and I loved watching the game from high up. I would definitely suggest sitting in the State Street Pavilion again!
Outfit details: hat (similar) / shirt (similar) / jeans /
shoes / sweater (local boutique)/ jacket
2 thoughts on “Take Me Out to the Ballgame!”
This sounds like the perfect date idea, and would love to spend a day at any Major League Ballpark, going to Fenway is high on my bucket list of Stadiums to visit and I really hope to visit soon. Your photos are so cute, and thanks so much for the advice, might have to make a trip out to Boston this summer to visit.
megan | MySprinkleofPrep.wordpress.com
Thank you so much! Yes, definitely take a trip up to Boston! It’s so worth it and you can make a fun day out of it! Let me know if you go!
LikeLiked by 1 person